I gave up making New Years Resolutions a few years ago because, well because I never stick to them. But I’m gonna give it another go. I’m not going to say that I’ll stop procrastinating or I’ll be more organized, because after 32 years of living like this, it’s not gonna change….
So this year, I resolve to:
- Read more.
- Limit electronics more.
- But don’t get hard on myself when we have a day where we just play Disney Infinity all day long.
- Finally get through to Brian that you put up BOTH toilet seats when you stand and pee.
- Get serious with developing this nonprofit plan my husband and I have been sitting on for some time now.
- Write with less inhibition. Not worry so much about what others may perceive from my reality.
- Learn more. Sign up for more conferences.
- Finally use those snow shoes I bought for everyone a couple years ago.
- Remember that one person’s negativity does not need to ruin my day.
- Take my vitamins daily.
- Not to feel guilty when I take a “me” day.
- Always cuddle when my oldest asks me to cuddle. Sooner than I know, he won’t ask anymore.
- Make time to play. Really, PLAY!
- Make really good use of our big backyard, now that we finally have one!
- Make more opportunities for Brian to use his AAC.
- Become a pro at Brian’s AAC, so I’m actually quicker than he is on it.
- Continue to wear my heart on my sleeve. I don’t know any other way to do it.
- Do a real live date night at least once a month.
- Learn something about gardening. See if I can change my black thumb to a green thumb.
- Continue to advocate, advocate, advocate. Even when it’s against the popular view.
- Try to keep work and home separated. When Brian is having a bad week, let it go once I’m in the office so I can concentrate on my clients. And when my clients have a hard session, let it go at home so I can enjoy my family.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Attempt to say yes to new and different things. Make myself go outside of my comfort zone.
- And at the same time, remember that “No” is a complete sentence.
- Laugh on the daily and truly appreciate how great we all have it.
How about you? Are you making any resolutions? Let’s hear them below in the comments!